POT – competition for directors of centers in Berlin, Madrid and New York
The Polish Tourist Organization has announced a competition for the directors of Foreign POT Centers (ZOPOT) in Berlin. Madrid and New York. They will be tasked with promoting the German, Spanish and Portuguese markets as well as the United States of America and Canada. Candidates have to apply by the end of March.
A candidate applying for the position of ZOPOT director should:
1. Have a master’s degree;
2. Enjoy full public rights;
3. Not to be convicted by a final judgment for an intentional crime or an intentional fiscal offense;
4. Have at least 5 years of work experience in one of the following fields: tourism, marketing, sales, public relations, public administration, diplomacy, including at least 3 years of work experience in a managerial position;
5. Have documented fluency in English and / or Spanish and / or German;
6. Have a driving license of at least category “B”.
1. Knowledge of issues in the field of communication, marketing and tourism;
2. Knowledge of the Polish tourism market in terms of tourist attractiveness;
3. Ability to organize promotional campaigns and project management;
4. Knowledge of the application of the procedures of the Public Procurement Law;
5. Knowledge of the act and the statute of the Polish Tourist Organization;
6. The ability to manage personnel, work in a team, make contacts, deal with stress.
In addition, the condition for participation in the competition is the submission of a 3-5 page written essay on:
• The concept of marketing communication (on a selected market) in 2022, with particular emphasis on the impact of the current political situation on the tourism market.
In the case of presenting documents in a foreign language, their translation into Polish must be attached.
During the competition procedure, the Competition Committee may ask the candidates to provide documents related to the procedure in progress, as well as verify the knowledge of a foreign language by talking to a specialist in a given language.
• Interesting job full of challenges
• Employment contract concluded for a definite period of time, not longer than 33 months.
Estimated date of commencement of work:
• Madrid (May 2022.)
• Berlin (May 2022.)
• New York (September 2022 r.)
Pre-qualification of candidates will be based on the submitted documents. Selected candidates will be invited for an interview. The candidates will be notified about the date and place of the interview by phone or e-mail.
Rejected bids will be destroyed.
Interested persons are asked to send:
2. Cover letter;
3. A copy of the document confirming higher education (diploma);
4. Candidate’s declarations on the exercise of full public rights;
5. Candidate’s declarations of no criminal record by a final judgment for an intentional crime or an intentional fiscal offense;
6. Statements on possession of a driving license of at least category “B” and experience in driving a car in road traffic;
7. Copies of documents confirming at least 5 years of work experience in one of the following areas: in tourism, marketing, sales, public relations, public administration, diplomacy, including at least 3 years of work experience in a managerial position (employment certificates, employment contract , certificates, contract- commission, work contract or other civil law contracts, managerial contract, opinions from the workplace);
8. Copies of documents confirming an expert knowledge of English and/or Spanish and/or German, e.g. diploma of completion of linguistic or philological studies, diploma of the Teachers’ College of Foreign Languages, certificate of graduation abroad with a foreign language lecture, certificate, certificate, candidate’s statement;
9. A written study on the subject: “The concept of marketing communication (on a selected market) in 2022, with particular emphasis on the impact of the current situation on the tourism market”.